Welches in Peru

Welches in Peru
Our family (September 2020)

Sunday 14 August 2016

Our First Peru Residency

05 August 2016

I was advised last week that my Peru residency (Carnet) was approved and needed to be collected in Lima.  Although short notice, I took the opportunity whilst it was the last week of the school holidays so as not to miss any language learning.

After a quick return trip to Lima I obtained my Peru residency from Peru Migraciones (Department of Migrations) and also included my application for the kids’ residency.  Note the Peru bureaucracy requires that parents must have their residency before the application for dependents.  Each step takes 1 to 2 months as it includes overseas criminal checks with Interpol and a return visit in person to Lima when ready! (I think you will agree it’s not exactly the most efficient system).

The first cab off the rank for our family with Peru Residency / Carnet in hand

As they say here in Peru – poco a poco which means little by little.  The same applies to my Spanish progress actually! ☺  More on that in my next post.

And THANK YOU to all our dear supporters, for without you this work would not be possible.

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris, Sandi and family. Ah yes, jumping through the residency hoops. Same process for families with minor children here in Europe. Because children don't have the necessary legal standing, authorities can only approve a child's residency on the basis of a parent's residency. Tiresome for sure, and always many days, and many dozens hours waiting in queues. In Polish the expression is, "krok po kroku". But, at least now you have your foot in the door, so to speak. Speaking relatively, it gets easier from here on.

    ReplyDelete