Welches in Peru

Welches in Peru
Our family (September 2020)

Monday 26 June 2017

Another Miraculous Recovery for Me

22 March 2017

My Emergency British Passport issued for my access into Rio, Brazil
Continuing on with my passport thread from my last blog post…

The week after I returned from Rio de Janeiro, I followed up with Her Majesties Passport Office (known as the HMPO) to see if there was any possibility of reactivating my British Passport after I was told in Lima that it was cancelled and I would have to reapply for a new one.  I had my original passport returned from Cusco and in my hands by this time (as it never made a flight to Lima).  This renewal process would cost me time and money – including the usual delays and sometimes missing mail in the Peru postal system.

So on the Tuesday I initially email and then call to speak to a nice natured customer support person who with a thick Irish accent told me this was a highly unlikely outcome as he had never heard of this happening before.  However at my insistence he would follow up internally to ask in any case.

I had no answer by the following day – Wednesday, and so I called the HMPO again.  I got a different customer representative this time and as requested I again provided my two relevant passport numbers.  But to my surprise upon the agent verifying these numbers, I receive the incredible news that my original British passport was active and my Emergency Passport was cancelled despite being stamped “Date of Expiry: 21 September 2017”!!!

As this is highly irregular, it is one I can only put down to another miraculous recovery in answer to prayer (not unlike my wallet recovery in Lima – see my 2016 blog post: http://welchesinperu.blogspot.pe/2016/06/a-miraculous-recovery-in-lima.html).

Be encouraged by this, as we read Psalm 57:10 “For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.”

Bendiciones,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment